Jul 10, 2014 2:47 PM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
MARYSVILLE, Calif. (AP) - A 911 dispatcher in Northern California was startled during a recent shift when the caller on the other end of the line turned out to be her fiancee reporting that their infant son was choking.
Britney Melchor tells KCRA-TV the dispatcher she was training took the call and wrote down the home address. That's when she realized it was her own son who needed medical attention.
Melchor is a dispatcher in Marysville, a small city about 40 miles north of Sacramento.
Melchor says she initially panicked. But then her training took hold, and she dispatched paramedics to her home.
Her 14-month-old son, Maverick, had swallowed a metal washer, starting the May 27 ordeal.
The boy's father, Robert Kimball, was able to dislodge the washer just as help arrived.
Information from: KCRA-TV.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
52 minutes ago