May 1, 2012 4:10 PM by Kelly Orsini, KSBY News
Animal shelters in Santa Barbara County are offering free spaying and neutering for Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes during the month of May as part of what they're calling "Chihuahuas de Mayo."
They're also offering half off adoption fees for Chihuahuas and mixes as part of their "Whole Enchihuahua" program.
Free surgeries will be provided for the first 300 dogs signed up.
Call the following groups to make an appointment:
• SB County Animal Services, Santa Maria Animal Center, at (805) 934-6968 (SB County residents only)
• Santa Maria Valley Humane Society at (805) 349-3435
• Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society at (805) 688-8224
• Santa Barbara Humane Society at (805) 964-4777 ext.20
• Care4Paws at (805) 968-CARE (2273)
The idea is to draw attention to the overpopulation of Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes, which represent 40 perecnt of dogs living in area shelters.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com