Posted: Nov 1, 2012 7:37 AM by Katie Ferber, KSBY News
Updated: Nov 1, 2012 7:37 AM
San Luis Obispo Fire officials have a warning to not leave candles burning when you go to sleep.
Late Wednesday night a fire broke out in an apartment on Orcutt Road in San Luis Obispo.
All seven people inside the apartment were asleep when the fire broke out. They were able to escape before the fire spread.
According to SLOFD Fire Captain John MacDonald, the cause of the fire was from a candle left burning in a glass container in one of the children's bedrooms. The candle spread fire when it cracked and ignited the bedpost and bedding. The apartment had no properly installed or functioning smoke detectors.
The Red Cross is providing temporary housing for the family.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties