Posted: Jan 7, 2013 10:48 PM by Associated Press
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) - A Southern California woman has been arrested in connection with the death of a 2-year-old girl who died from complications after eating chili powder.
The San Bernardino Sun reports (http://bit.ly/13cHfeo ) 21-year-old Amanda Sorensen was arrested Monday after an initial investigation of the girl's death.
San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies went to an Apple Valley home Sunday and found the child suffering from a seizure after ingesting the kitchen spice. She was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Spokeswoman Jodi Miller says the girl is the daughter of Sorenson's boyfriend.
An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death.
Sorensen is being held on $500,000 bail and is due in court Jan. 9.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties