H-CAL POLY

Nov 5, 2013 12:33 AM by Ed Zuchelli, KSBY News

Cal Poly says dorm fire sparked by shorted breaker

Cal Poly says a fire that burned in one of its dorms Sunday was sparked by an electrical issue.

The university said the electrician reset a breaker that had shorted and the resulting surge overloaded an electrical outlet.

The fire happened at the Sequoia Residence Hall, one of the red brick dorms.

Students in the building put the flames out with a fire extinguisher.

Four rooms were damaged in the incident, meaning ten students have been displaced.

They have been given temporary housing.

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4