Mar 19, 2012 2:35 PM by KO, The Associated Press
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Singer Celine Dion says she is recovering from a virus that caused an inflammation of her vocal cords and is planning to return to the stage in Las Vegas soon.
Dion said in a statement Monday that she received good news last week during a follow-up examination with her doctor in Los Angeles.
She says she should be fully recovered by mid-April. That's when she hopes to start recording songs for her new English and French albums.
Dion announced last month that she was cancelling her shows at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace until June 9 because of her illness.
The singer of romantic odes including "My Heart Will Go On" and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" returned to Caesars Palace a year ago for a three-year engagement.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
2 hours ago