Jul 21, 2014 7:00 AM by Associated Press
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) - Prosecutors say they're charging a Stockton man with triple-murder in the deaths of a woman taken hostage during a bank robbery and police shootout that killed two other robbery suspects.
Ron Freitas of the San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office said the charges being filed Monday make 19-year-old Jaime Ramos eligible for a death sentence.
Freitas says the charged may include 22 counts of attempted murder of police officers stemming from last week's running gun battle.
Police say that on Wednesday three armed men entered the bank branch and took three women hostage. Two women survived with injuries, but a 41-year-old mother of two, Misty Holt-Singh, was used as a human shield and died.
Ramos is the sole surviving suspect. It is unclear if he has an attorney.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com