Sep 16, 2013 10:38 PM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP) - D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says authorities believe there was only a lone gunman responsible for the Navy Yard shooting rampage that left 13 people dead.
Authorities had earlier said they were searching for a possible second suspect.
Mayor Vincent Gray says the 12 shooting victims range in age from 46 to 73 years old. The gunman, identified as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, was also killed.
Gray said at a news conference late Monday night that they are still notifying the families of about half of the 12 people who were killed.
The FBI says the gunman used a valid pass to get on to the Navy Yard.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
» There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com