Jul 29, 2014 7:27 AM by Lindsay MacLeod, KSBY News
Kids love to stay cool in the pool, but doctors are warning parents to make sure their kids aren't drinking the water.
A couple of swallows are harmless, but ingesting too much can cause chlorine poisoning, bacterial infections, or even secondary drowning if the child inhales water into their lungs.
These conditions can cause vision problems, digestive problems, trouble breathing, and extreme fatigue.
If you notice redness and irritation around your child's eyes, nose, mouth, and ears, and a nagging cough or other flu-like symptoms, get them medical attention.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
1 hour ago