Posted: Dec 28, 2010 7:44 PM by Ariel Wesler
Two San Luis Obispo county sheriff's deputies are being hailed as heroes tonight after a daring rescue.
Deputies John Pozdolski and Bill Miller arrived on scene before firefighters. They ran into a burning house in Los Osos to rescue a disabled man trapped inside. The fire started just after midnight Monday in the 1900 block of 10th Street.
"We were contacted by the fire battalion chief that was on site. He advised our watch commander that were it not for the actions of deputy Pozdalski and Senior Deputy Miller, that man most certainly would have died," Sgt. Aaron Nix with the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department.
The deputies were treated for smoke inhalation and are back at work. The man they rescued is being treated at the Fresno Burner Center. Another woman escaped without any injuries but four of her pets died from smoke inhalation.
Firefighters say a plug strip overheated, igniting the fire.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties