Posted: Jul 15, 2013 3:13 PM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A dog that ate one of numerous poisoned meatballs found in San Francisco neighborhoods has died.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/17gmnUd) that the 7-year-old dachshund named Oskar died on Thursday, eight days after eating the meatball.
The meatball was among hundreds laced with strychnine that were scattered in the city's Twin Peaks and Diamond Heights neighborhoods earlier this month. Strychnine is a common rat poison.
San Francisco Police Lt. Miriam Pengel tells the Chronicle that the meatballs had enough poison to kill a human.
Oskar is believed to be the only dog that ate any of them. He was expected to recover.
Police are still investigating the incident and do not know whether dogs were the intended targets.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties