Sep 16, 2013 6:59 PM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A former Los Angeles International Airport security screener accused of making threats against terminals has been ordered held without bond.
Los Angeles U.S. District Court Judge Patrick Walsh ruled Monday that 29-year-old Nna Alpha Onuoha (ahn-oo-OH'-hah) is a flight risk.
Prosecutors asked for a competency hearing and to have him held as a danger to the community, but the judge said those issues should be handled by the judge who ultimately hears the case.
The judge said, however, that if the defense presents evidence from a doctor that Onuoha is suffering from a mental illness he would reconsider.
Onuoha, originally from Nigeria, was arrested last week after allegedly making unspecified threats referencing the Sept. 11 anniversary. He had recently been suspended by the Transportation Security Administration and then resigned.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com