Feb 10, 2010 2:43 AM by Emily Kiefer
Firefighters put out flames at a San Luis Obispo home.
Four engines were called out just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to the 3200 block of Flora Street.
The homeowners had a fire burning in the fireplace earlier in the evening, but thought the flames were out. The fire then spread from the chimney to the walls and the house started filling with smoke. "We just kept moving more stuff and more stuff and finally we got to the point where we saw flames through the wall and that's when we called the fire department because we thought that was it," said Joan Scholz.
Scholz and her husband were able to get out safely. No word on the extent of damage to the home.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
22 hours ago