Posted: Sep 4, 2012 9:23 AM by Madelyn Monteath, KSBY News
The San Luis Obispo Fire Department responded to the 2100 block of Florence Avenue on Monday night just after 6:15.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found a fire confined to the garage. The owners said that a barbecue they used for cooking had been placed too close to a wood fence which started the fire.
A single residential sprinkler system was activated and helped contain the fire until fire officials could arrive on scene and completely extinguish the fire. Firefighters and neighbors helped the home owners by gathering and storing personal belongings from the garage.
There were no injuries to report. The Value of the loss of the fire is approximately $40,000.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties