Jul 22, 2014 2:59 PM by KSBY Staff
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department says an explosion and fire at an apartment in Goleta on Monday was caused by a Butane Honey Oil conversion process.
Fire officials say the process uses highly flammable butane gas to extract oil from marijuana.
The explosion happened at around 7:15 p.m. at an apartment complex on the 400 block of Ellwood Beach Drive.
One person was hospitalized with third degree burns.
Narcotics detectives with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office are now involved in the investigation.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
18 minutes ago