Nov 10, 2012 8:56 PM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland firefighters found a "rodent bomb" placed by a homeowner in his house's eves that sparked a one-alarm blaze.
The fire on Saturday was limited, but forced firefighters to cut holes in the house's roof.
Portland Fire and Rescue blames the rodent bomb for the fire.
The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to kill squirrels in the attic. The rodent bomb operated for about 30 minutes before the toxic gas dissipated and the homeowner stopped watching it.
Shortly thereafter, a neighbor told the homeowner his roof was on fire.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
6 hours ago