Posted: Jun 25, 2013 12:46 AM by Kathrene Herndon, KSBY News
Updated: Jun 25, 2013 4:38 AM
Fire officials say burnt food caused a fire alarm and smoke detectors to go off at the Union Plaza senior housing in Santa Maria Monday, forcing some residents to be removed from their rooms for part of the night.
The Santa Maria Fire Department responded around 10:45 p.m. and found smoke in the third-floor hallway.
Crews worked to remove people and help them shelter in place on the second, third, and fourth floors until firefighters could find the fire or source of the smoke.
Officials say the smoke was caused by burnt food in one of the rooms.
Everyone was able to return to their rooms after the third floor was ventilated.
There was no damage to the building and no one was injured.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties