Posted: Jul 3, 2012 7:11 PM by Madelyn Monteath, KSBY News
Updated: Jul 4, 2012 5:31 AM
People across the nation will celebrate the birth of our nation Wednesday with an array of festivities. On the Central Coast thousands of people will be celebrating at the beach, parades or a good old fashion back yard cook out.
Some events happening in San Luis Obispo County for the fourth:
- A live concert will be happening at the Rotary Bandstand at Heritage Park in Arroyo Grande. Village Band will be playing music. There will be hot dogs, lemonade and plenty of ice cream for sale. The fun starts at 1 pm. For more information just call (805)473-2250.
- Some fun will get underway in Atascadero starting with a morning run at 7 am. After that a pancake breakfast will take place. A flag ceremony will be held at the Faces of Freedom Memorial. The lake park will be full of family fun with a bounce house, pony rides , food and live music. The Charles Paddock Zoo will be open and free. For information on this event call (805)461-5000.
- Family fun day in Cambria with food and live music, followed by fireworks at dusk, All that fun is happening at Shamel Park which is located at 5455 Windsor Blvd. That starts at 10 am. More information just call (805) 927-5010.
- The fun is getting started early in Cayucos. A pancake breakfast breakfast will get started at 5 am. Following that will be a parade at 10 am. Through out the day a sand-sculpture contest, barbeque, bingo and of course followed by a fireworks show at dusk at the pier. All this fun will be in the downtown area. For information call (805) 995-1200.
- A day of activities is planned for the city of Morro Bay. It all gets kicked off at noon with a bike parade. There will be plenty of food, drinks and music for everyone. The firework show begins at dusk. All the days activities will be taking place Tidelands Park which is located on the South end of Embarcadeo Road. For information on this event call (805) 772-4467.
- People in Paso Robles are getting the celebrations started at 11 am. There will be music, kids' games, food and of course followed by a fireworks show at dusk. That's happening at Barney Schwartz Park located at 2970 Union Road. For more information call (805) 237-9859.
- Pismo Beach's annual celebration will get started at 10 Wednesday morning. Live music, food, followed by a fireworks show at dusk. All that is happening around the Pismo Beach pier. Call (805) 773-4382 for more information on this event.
- Head out to Mitchell Park if your in the San Luis Obispo area for some Fourth of July fun. There will be live music, barbecue, carnival games and face painting starting at 11 am and lasting until 3 pm. For information on this event call (805)781-7300.
- In Templeton a pancake breakfast is planned for 7 am. Following that will be a parade, games, entertainment and music. All the fun will be held at the Community Park located at 550 Crocker Street. For more information call (805) 434-1789.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties