Posted: Jan 6, 2010 12:34 PM by Carina Corral
Updated: Jan 6, 2010 12:34 PM
A local hospital receives a number of top awards by three of the nation's healthcare ratings organizations.
French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo was recognized as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for cardiac care, for the second year in a row, by Thomson Reuters.
HealthGrades gave the hospital six awards including:
- Best in the region for cardiology
- 5-star rating for the treatment of heart attack (the only hospital in the region for this recognition), for the second consecutive year
- Ranking among the top 15% in the nation for treatment of heart attack, 2 years running
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award- ranking among the top 10% in 2010
- 5-star rating for total hip replacement, 8 years running
- And ranking among the top 15% in the nation for joint replacement, 8 years running
The National Research Corporation also gave French Hospital the 2008-2009 Consumer Choice Award in San Luis Obispo County for the third consecutive year.
An awards ceremony is being held January 7 at 4 pm.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties