Posted: Aug 18, 2013 1:46 PM by Lindsay MacLeod, KSBY News
Updated: Aug 18, 2013 9:04 PM
Lompoc Fire officials say a garage fire caused about $20,000 worth of damage Saturday night.
The call came in just before midnight. Officials say they arrived at a home in the 600 block of North 6th Street and found a detached garage on fire.
No one was in the garage at the time, but the family was in their home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage, and it only took about 10 minutes to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the heating element of an indoor sauna was the cause of the fire. They're still investigating to find out if the sauna was accidentally turned on or if it had a broken switch.
They say the garage isn't a total loss, but a lot of electrical equipment in the garage was destroyed.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties