H-NIPOMO

Jan 19, 2013 3:01 PM by Kathrene Herndon, KSBY News

Gas leak causes evacuations early Saturday morning

Some people were evacuated from their homes in Nipomo early Saturday morning after a gas leak in the area.

According to CAL FIRE, someone reported smelling gas around 4 a.m. in the area of South Oak Glen Avenue and West Tefft Street.

They say some homes immediately surrounding the area on South Oakland Avenue were evacuated.

CAL FIRE says the gas leak was caused by an underground gas pipe.

No damage or injuries were reported, and the issue has been resolved.

People were able to return to their homes just before 10:15 Saturday morning.

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4