May 26, 2010 12:06 AM by Monica Quintero
A hazmat scare in Pismo Beach turns out to be just that, a scare. Cal Fire reported a 55 gallon barrel was found with an unknown substance. It was discovered at the end of Frady Road behind the wastewater treatment plant around 8:30 Tuesday morning. But it was a false alarm, it was only non-toxic waste water. Bill Fisher, of Cal Fire, said, "If it was something more dangerous we would have to pack it and sent it to a hazmat facility and that ends up costing a lot of money. But today, I don't think it's going to cost that much. Maybe a couple of hundred bucks for the units that came today." Crews want to remind you if you do have something toxic to dispose of, get rid of it at an appropriate place.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Thank you! KSBY.com