Posted: Nov 30, 2009 4:26 PM by Danielle Lerner (Photo courtesy: Tom Morgan)
Updated: Nov 30, 2009 4:26 PM
Cal Fire investigators say a heating lamp for animals is to blame for a fire at a home in Nipomo.
The fire broke out around 10:00 Monday morning in the 500 block of Stanton Road.
That is when a neighbor saw smoke and flames billowing from the roof and called 911.
Cal fire crews contained the blaze in about 20 minutes.
The back of the house and the attic suffered about $200,000 worth of damage but firefighters say it could have been much worse.
"This home has done an excellent job of their defensible space clearance," said Andy Andersen of Cal Fire. "Even from up here it may appear as if it's fairly close, they had excess of 100-foot clearance."
Six people live there but no one was home when the fire started.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties