Posted: Oct 21, 2010 2:37 PM by Danielle Lerner
Updated: Oct 22, 2010 10:20 AM
A homeowner in Arroyo Grande takes matters into his own hands after a fire breaks out in his bedroom.
Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Alder Street around 10 a.m. Thursday.
When they arrived smoke was coming from the roof and the homeowner was using a garden hose to try and put out the flames inside.
That is something firefighters do not recommend.
"It really depends on the type of fire, where it's located," said Batallion Chief Riki Heath of the Five Cities Fire Authority, "but for interior of a structure it's best to just get out of there as quickly as possible and call 911, let us handle the fire."
The owner did inhale some smoke during the ordeal but paramedics say he will be just fine.
No word yet on what sparked the flames.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties