May 15, 2014 9:30 AM by Associated Press
SAN MARCOS, Calif. (AP) - Officials say hundreds of new evacuation orders have been issued for the Southern California city of San Marcos where a wildfire continues burning out of control.
San Diego County officials said Thursday that the blaze had chewed through 700 acres and hundreds of notices were sent out to residents.
The fire is one of nine fires that broke out in San Diego on Wednesday amid a heat wave and gusty winds.
Officials say one of the most-damaging blazes so far in neighboring Carlsbad was 60 percent contained and evacuation orders were being lifted there.
Carlsbad Mayor Matt Hall says the fire burned 400 acres and destroyed a 18-unit condominium complex and four single-family homes.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Thank you! KSBY.com
13 minutes ago