Posted: Feb 10, 2010 8:59 PM by Bethany Tucker
Updated: Feb 10, 2010 8:59 PM
Fire officials remind local residents to keep their fireplaces and chimneys clean, after a fire causes major damage in a San Luis Obispo home.
San Luis Obispo City fire crews were called to a home on the 3200 blk. of Flora St. at 8:20p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the top of the chimney and more smoke coming from vents in the roof. Crews were able to have the fire under control in about ten minutes.
Investigators estimate damage at about $20,000, with most of it in the area around the fireplace and chimney of the house. They determined the fire was caused by prolonged heat exposure to the framing of the chimney.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties