Nov 30, 2010 3:46 PM by Carina Corral
Marian Hospice and Hospice SLO are inviting community members to "Light up a Life."
The annual events allow friends and family to honor the lives of loved ones who have passed.
The remembrance celebration features music, poems and the reading of the names being remembered this year.
The Marian Hospice event takes place Wednesday, December 1 at Orcutt Presbyterian Church. It starts at 6:30.
For the 26th year, SLO Hospice will hold "Light up a Life" ceremonies in 11 communities, from Nipomo to Paso Robles.
The schedule is as follows:
· Pismo Beach - Shore Cliff Lodge (South Gazebo), Sunday, Dec. 5, at 4:30 pm
· Avila Beach - The Grill at Avila Beach Golf Resort (Tent), Monday, Dec. 6, at 6 pm
· Heritage Ranch Heritage Ranch Senior Center, Monday, Dec. 6, at 6 pm
· Grover Beach - Ramona Garden Park (inside), Tuesday, Dec. 7, at 6 pm
· San Luis Obispo - Mission Plaza, Old Mission Church (inside) Tuesday, Dec. 7, 7 pm
· Cambria - Pewter Plough Playhouse, Wednesday, Dec. 8, at 6 pm
· Morro Bay/Los Osos - Coalesce Bookstore (MB), Wednesday, Dec. 8, at 6 pm
· Arroyo Grande - Village Gazebo, Thursday, Dec. 9, at 6 pm
· Atascadero - Pavilion on the Lake, Thursday, Dec. 9, at 7 pm
· Nipomo - Kaleidoscope Inn, Friday, Dec. 10, at 6 pm
· Paso Robles - Paso Robles City Park Gazebo, Friday, Dec. 10, at 6 pm
The events also serve as fundraisers for both hospice programs.
Community members who purchase stars from Marian Hospice will have their loved one's name read aloud during the ceremony.
Those who donate to Hospice SLO will receive a lantern ornament, in addition to their loved one's name being read at the Light up a Life Ceremony of their choice and will be entered in the Hospice SLO Memorial Book.
For details on Hospice SLO ceremonies call (805) 544-2266 or visit www.hospiceslo.org.
For details on Marian Hospice's ceremony call (805) 739-3595.