California News

May 5, 2014 11:37 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS

Jamul toddler recovering after 3 rattlesnake bites

JAMUL, Calif. (AP) - A doctor says a toddler who was bitten three times by a rattlesnake is lucky to be alive.

Relatives tell KGTV in San Diego that A.J. Taylor was bitten on the stomach as he played Friday on the patio of his grandparent's home in Jamul, about 20 miles east of San Deigo. He was able to return to the home Saturday, where he is recovering nicely.

Grandmother Dian Taylor says she hopes what happened to A.J. can be a lesson to others because the heat is bringing out the rattlesnakes and they blend in so well that you can't see them and they strike so fast, it's hard to get away from them.

The doctor says if more venom had been released into the boy's system, he could have died.

___

Information from: KGTV-TV

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4