Mar 15, 2013 12:43 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
INDIO, Calif. (AP) - Jurors have recommended the death penalty for two men who bound and drove a man to the Southern California desert and shot him.
Riverside County prosecutors said in a statement Thursday that two separate juries recommended death for 35-year-old Daniel Cervantes and 34-year-old Carlos Contreras for the 2008 murder of Daniel Kuzawa.
The same juries convicted the men last month of first-degree murder with the special circumstance of murder during a robbery, making them eligible for the death penalty. A judge will formally sentence them April 24.
Prosecutors said the men approached Kuzawa outside his Indio home, bound him and drove him to the desert near Thermal in his own truck.
They shot him in the head and chest and left him bound, shoeless and bleeding, and burned the truck.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com