H-SAN LUIS OBISPO

Aug 17, 2013 11:50 PM by Lindsay MacLeod, KSBY News

Kitchen fire causes $4,000 worth of damage in San Luis Obispo apartment

The San Luis Obispo Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the Cedar Creek Condos on Stenner Street Saturday afternoon.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a two story apartment around 5:30. A 19-year-old woman who lived in the apartment tried to put the fire out, but wasn't able to. The fire spread to the kitchen cabinets.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and put the fire out quickly.

Officials estimate there was about $4,000 worth of damage. They say the woman in the apartment got a minor burn on her hand while she tried to extinguish the fire. She was treated on scene.

The fire started because an oven control valve was broken and couldn't be turned off.

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4