Posted: Jan 14, 2010 12:32 PM by Carina Corral
Updated: Jan 14, 2010 12:32 PM
French Hospital Medical Center will award $37,000 in grants to programs that it says "improve health and living conditions in San Luis Obispo County."
The grants are awarded through a Community Grants Program created by FHMC's parent company Catholic Healthcare West (CHW).
This year, they are being awarded to the following local organizations:
· Central Coast Commission for Senior Citizens - to fund the Senior Home Care project which provides in-home services such as cooking, shopping and housekeeping for frail, at-risk older persons in the SLO County - $7,500
· El Camino Homeless Organization (ECHO) - to help fund program costs to provide emergency shelter for the homeless along with meals and medical care - $5,000
· Community Action Partnership of SLO County - to fund the Senior Health Screening program, which provides free preventative and maintenance health screening to low-income seniors - $5,500
· Enhancement Inc. - to help pay for supplies for lymphedema treatment and other breast cancer-related treatment costs for breast cancer survivors in need - $5,000
· Friends of Prado Day Center - to enhance the ability to continue the full range services to reduce the overall number of homeless in SLO county and to increase the number of clients who successfully transition to self-sufficiency - $6,000
· Transitional Food and Shelter - to support a 24-hour shelter program for homeless cancer patients to rest, recover and prevent re-hospitalization - $8,000
The awards luncheon is being held Friday, January 15, at 12pm in the FHMC Auditorium.
Since FHMC began awarding community grants four years ago, it has given $118,500 to non-profits in San Luis Obispo County.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties