National News

May 22, 2013 8:57 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS

Marathon bombing victims urged to apply for funds

BOSTON (AP) - The administrator of the Boston Marathon victims' compensation fund says so far just five people have filed applications for a portion of the $30 million the One Fund has already collected.

Kenneth Feinberg tells the Boston Herald that the families of the four people killed in the April 15 bombings and the ensuing manhunt, as well as the more than 260 who suffered physical injuries, have until June 15 to complete their applications. He says if they miss that deadline, they are out of luck.

Feinberg says he saw similar procrastination while serving as special master of the 9/11 Victims' Compensation Fund.

Feinberg has said that the families of those killed as well as victims who lost two limbs are likely to get about $1 million each.

___

Information from: Boston Herald, http://www.bostonherald.com

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

» There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4