May 21, 2013 1:41 AM by Jeanette Trompeter
The first weekend in June will mark the 20th Anniversary of the Marianne Talley Memorial Fun Run. To commemorate, organizers are planning a whole day of activities on Sunday, June 2nd.
The Fun Run is held at Talley Vineyards on dirt roads through fields and vines. You can register at Active.com by clicking here, or download the registration form on the Talley Vineyards website by clicking here.
Marianne Talley was an avid athlete who won league championships at Arroyo Grande High School, swam with Olympic gold medalists on the USC swim team, and completed the Ironman Triathlon in 1992. She was only 25 when she died in 1993 from complications associated with heart arrhythmia.
If you aren't a runner, they need volunteers along this beautiful route. Please contact Marian Fiorentino at email@example.com or 805-481-2235, ext 11.
Pre-registration ends at NOON on Friday, May 31. Entry fees for race day registration increase by $5 and race logo t-shirts are subject to availability.
The first 500 participants to register will receive:
• Race Logo T-Shirt (technical T-shirt for adults, cotton T-shirt for kids)
• Commemorative 20th Anniversary Fun Run reusable tote
• Cliff Bar and other goodies
• Raffle ticket for a chance to win additional prizes
New awards this year:
• Commemorative 20th Anniversary etched wine carafe for overall male and female 5K and 10K winners
• 20th Anniversary Logo wine glass for all 1st place division winners
• 20th Anniversary Logo plaque for 1st place boy and girl in the 1-mile youth run