Posted: Aug 11, 2012 11:39 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) - The man considered a suspect in a Northern California double homicide and what authorities had believed was the kidnapping of a teenage girl has been released from jail.
The Salinas Californian reports that Juan Manuel Salazar Jr., who had been booked on suspicion of two counts of murder, one count of kidnapping and other charges, was released from custody Thursday night.
Monterey County Managing Deputy District Attorney Chuck Olvis told The Californian that Salazar has not been charged in the case.
OIvis declined to provide additional details, but said sheriff's officials are still investigating.
Investigators had initially believed that 16-year-old Eunice Serrato had been kidnapped after a double homicide in San Ardo on July 28.
Authorities had issued an Amber Alert as they searched for the girl, but Salazar and Serrato turned themselves into authorities near the Mexican border on Aug. 4.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties