Posted: Mar 11, 2013 9:12 AM by Michael Handler; KSBY News
Doctors are calling magnet ingestion by young children a growing problem.
X-rays show what happens inside of the body when kids swallow these tiny, powerful magnets found in toys and other household items. The magnets can adhere to one another through loops in the gastro-intestinal tract.
This can cause bowel perforations which can be deadly.
Experts suggest pediatricians may want to discuss magnet safety with parents starting at the 18 month well baby check-up.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties