Posted: Nov 20, 2010 4:49 PM by Danielle Lerner
Updated: Nov 20, 2010 5:03 PM
A natural gas leak in Nipomo kept Cal Fire crews busy Saturday morning. It happened just before 10 a.m. near the intersection of Thompson and Price streets. That's where a natural gas line underneath some metal protective plates started leaking.
Cal Fire crews blocked off the area to prevent any sort of ignition source from getting too close. Firefighters say some recent construction in the area may be to blame. Rick Baier of Cal Fire says, "Sometimes even if you take those precautions just moving the ground can cause a leak so it appears they did use all the resources, I see the markings on the ground that are appropriate, but sometimes these leaks are unavoidable."
Firefighters say the small gas line supplies the Nipomo Community Services District.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties