Mar 13, 2010 1:51 AM by Bethany Tucker
San Luis Obispo City Firefighters have ruled Friday afternoon's fire that destroyed the Theta Chi fraternity house on Upham St. an accident.
Investigators say there was a paintbrush that was doused in some type of petroleum-based liquid and then wrapped in a towel. Apparently, that paintbrush got too hot and combusted on the house's front porch. The fire spread to the attic of the house. Crews were able to get the fire under control in about one hour and 45 minutes.
No one was hurt in the fire, but the six residents of the home are now displaced. They tell KSBY News they'll be staying with some of their fraternity brothers until they figure out permanent living arrangements.
Fire officials estimate damage to the structure and its contents is estimated at about $100,000.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
2 hours ago