Oct 22, 2013 9:11 PM by Katherine Worsham, KSBY News
Lompoc police say a fire at a duplex on the 800 block of East Airport Avenue Tuesday was caused by an illegal honey oil extraction operation. Honey oil is the byproduct of a marijuana THC extraction process which utilizes butane gas. The fire started at around 1:40 pm. When firefighters arrived, they found one unit of the duplex in flames but were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the other unit. Police arrested Clyde Smith, 29, at the scene. They say he lived at the home. Smith faces charges of manufacturing a controlled substance through a chemical process and causing a fire resulting in an injury. One firefighter suffered minor burns while fighting the blaze. Eight people were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross was called in to help them out.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com