Dec 15, 2013 3:45 PM by Associated Press
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) - A pregnant woman has died in a house fire in Bakersfield.
The Bakersfield Californian reports (http://bit.ly/IMQFHF) the 30-year-old woman was found dead after firefighters put out the fire early Saturday.
Fire officials said the fire started accidentally when some wood in a wood-burning stove fell, setting ablaze the interior of a detached back building that was illegally converted to a living space.
The dwelling was in a windowless, masonry structure that neighbors said had originally been a smokehouse.
The woman's name has not been released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
14 minutes ago