Nov 20, 2012 6:57 PM by CJ, The Associated Press
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Investigators have served search warrants and are questioning people in connection with an Indianapolis house explosion that killed two people and destroyed at least five homes.
Prosecutor Terry Curry told The Indianapolis Star on Tuesday that warrants had been issued.
Curry spokeswoman Brienne Delaney told The Associated Press no arrests had been made.
The investigation into the Nov. 10 explosion is believed to focus on a house occupied by Monserrate Shirley and her boyfriend, Mark Leonard.
The couple and Shirley's 12-year-old daughter were away at the time of the explosion, but the young couple next door died when their house was destroyed.
Attorney Randall Cable said Tuesday that Shirley and Leonard had been cooperating with investigators and were "bewildered" by Monday's announcement that the investigation was considered a criminal homicide.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com