Posted: Jan 18, 2013 2:47 AM by Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A sheriff's detective says actor Robert Wagner has not consented to an interview in a renewed inquiry into the drowning death of his wife Natalie Wood more than 30 years ago.
Lt. John Corina said Thursday that detectives have interviewed more than 100 people in the re-investigation of Wood's 1981 death. Many of them hadn't been previously interviewed by investigators.
Corina says multiple attempts to interview Wagner have been rebuffed or gone unanswered. He says detectives even traveled to Colorado at one point to try to interview him.
An attorney for Wagner and his family says they have cooperated with authorities over the last 30 years and have nothing new to add to the investigation.
Detectives began re-investigating Wood's death in November 2011.
A review by coroner's officials resulted in Wood's cause of death being changed to "drowning and other undetermined factors."
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties