Oct 24, 2013 9:27 AM by Associated Press
SAN DIEGO (AP) - A 58-year-old man died after being stung several times by bees near his vacation home in the mountains of San Diego County.
The U-T San Diego newspaper says Scott McDonald had gone to his house near Julian after a renter complained about bees swarming nearby.
Medical Examiner Investigator Michael Ellano says McDonald, who was allergic to bee stings, apparently disturbed a hive Sunday morning.
The San Diego resident went into shock when stung and was found unresponsive and on the ground by a neighbor. He died at a hospital.
His brother-in-law, Richard Rogalski, tells the newspaper McDonald worked for a contractor and was the lead foreman on many construction projects around San Diego.
Ellano says this is the first bee-sting related death in the county this year
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
8 hours ago