Dec 4, 2012 8:55 PM by The Associated Press
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The San Diego City Council has settled two more lawsuits brought by women who said they were victims of sexual battery by a police officer in the city's Gaslamp Quarter.
City News Service says the council on Tuesday settled with one woman for $170,000 and with the other for $75,000.
Both women had testified that the officer, Anthony Arevalos, demanded sexual favors during traffic stops in 2010.
Arevalos is now serving a nearly nine-year prison term after being convicted of eight felony and four misdemeanor charges involving five women.
Last month, the city settled with another woman for $675,000.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
3 hours ago