Apr 8, 2010 2:26 AM by Emily Kiefer
Fire crews in Santa Maria were busy putting out a house fire Wednesday afternoon.
The fire sparked around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Sunset Avenue. Crews say the fire started in a back bedroom and destroyed everything inside that room.
The homeowners were in the living room and kitchen at the time, but were able to get out safely. The fire was put out 20 minutes later. Damage is estimated at $95,000.
Investigators are still trying to figure out the cause of the fire, but they think a candle is to blame.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com