Posted: Jun 17, 2012 1:50 PM by Christina Jensen, KSBY News
Updated: Jun 18, 2012 8:13 AM
A family is now safe in Paso Robles after a fire almost burned their house down.
Paso Robles Police say a total of 16 firefighters responded to the structure fire in the 300 block of Camino Lobo around 12:21 p.m. Saturday.
When they arrived the fire was extending into the attic of the building over the garage. Firefighters were able to put out the fire over the garage before it extended into the home. It took a total of 15 minutes to control the fire.
Firefighters say the cause of the fire was hot ash thrown away this morning in a green waste container located next to the home.
After the green waste container caught on fire, it then spread to the exterior wall of the structure.
No injuries have been reported.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Watch Daybreak Web Videos in full
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties