World News

May 1, 2013 10:23 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS

Tsarnaevs' father puts off plans to travel to US

MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) - The father of the Boston bombing suspects says he has indefinitely put off returning to the U.S. because he is too sick to make the trip from Russia.

Anzor Tsarnaev announced plans last week to travel to the U.S. in the hope of seeing his jailed younger son and burying his elder one.

But the 46-year-old Tsarnaev told The Associated Press on Wednesday that those plans are off, saying he is suffering from bad headaches and high blood pressure. He said he still hopes to go when he is feeling better.

Speaking by cell phone, Tsarnaev refused to say where he was. He said he remains on Russian territory, but is no longer in the southern province of Dagestan, where he had been living, or in neighboring Chechnya.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

» There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4