H-PASO ROBLES

Nov 6, 2013 5:40 PM by Katherine Worsham, KSBY News

UPDATE: House fire started by wood burning stove

Fire investigators in Paso Robles say a house fire Wednesday morning was started by heat from a wood burning stove. They say the heat caused a nearby pile of dry, split pine wood to ignite. The flames then spread to the living room.

Investigators say someone living at the home on the 200 block of San Augustin Drive started a fire in the stove at about 7:20 am, then left it unattended.

Firefighters were called to the home at around 8:20 am. They were able to contain the fire in about 15 minutes.

No one was hurt in the fire, but a family of five was displaced. They are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

Total damage to property and contents is estimated at $178,000.

Fire officials say fire wood should be stored at least 18 inches from the fireplace.

Related Stories

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4