Over 300,000 N-95 masks have been distributed in Santa Barbara County to communities affected by unhealthy levels of smoke created by the Thomas Fire. N-95 masks will continue to be distributed in areas where air is unhealthy as measured by the Air Pollution Control District.
Free N-95 masks will be distributed on Thursday, December 14 at the following locations:
- Goleta Valley Community Center, 5679 Hollister Ave from 1PM to 7PM
- Goleta City Hall, 130 Cremona Drive from 8AM to 5PM
- Santa Barbara Public Library, 40 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara from 10AM to 4PM
- Carpinteria, Albertsons Shopping Center, 1018 Casitas Pass Road from 10AM to 4PM
- Buellton CVS (ask store staff) 218 East Hwy 246, Buellton from 8AM to 10PM
Officials at the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office say a fugitive on the Texas 10 Most Wanted list was found on the 900 block of Park Avenue in Cayucos Sunday afternoon.
Highway 101 has officially been reopened. Cal OES' Shawn Boyd takes us through the steps that were taken to clear the highway, and how search and rescue teams conducted searches for the missing. Boyd explains that the search and rescue process began by following a 'grid system' to make sure every area was thoroughly checked before it was cleared. In the video, Boyd speaks with a Montecito resident who he says we might recognize; Actor, Jeff Bridges. The interview takes place o...
At Sunday's press conference, Sheriff Bill Brown said most of the 21 fatalities occurred in three main areas of the mudslide.
California Highway Patrol officials say a female driver damaged nine vehicles after driving the wrong way and doubling the speed limit in Los Olivos.