Quantcast

Firefighter bitten by dog while responding to house fire in Lomp - KSBY.com | San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Area News

Firefighter bitten by dog while responding to house fire in Lompoc

Posted: Updated:

A firefighter was injured and two dogs rescued when a home caught on fire in Lompoc Monday.

The Lompoc Fire Department reports smoke could be seen coming from the home on the 1100 block of N. Jasmine Street when they arrived at about 3:45 p.m.

Crews from Vandenberg Air Force Base and Santa Barbara County also assisted.

Firefighters say once the fire was out within about 10 minutes, they were able to determine it started on the stove in the kitchen.

The injury was to a firefighter's hand and was reportedly the result of a dog bite. Officials described the injury as minor.

While no one was home when the fire started, officials say two adults and two children were displaced from the home.

Top Trending Videos

WEATHER
Doppler Radar
Powered by Frankly

© KSBY.com 2018, KSBY.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?