KSBY made its first television debut on May 25, 1953. The original station was built on Hill Street in San Luis Obispo, and before we were KSBY we were KVEC-TV (Valley Electric Company). KVEC was the first local television station built on the Central Coast of California.
It was in June of 1957 the Central California Communications Corporation purchased the station and the call letters were changed to KSBY. Today, KSBY is joined with the Evening Post Publishing Company and affiliated with Cordillera Communications.